Discover the best of Scotland with Nicolson Tours
Leave the buses behind and join us for your private tour in the luxury and comfort of our Land Rover Discovery 4. Your personal guide, a proud Scotsman, will share with you his knowledge of our beautiful country in a relaxed and fun manner, unlocking Scotland at your own pace.
Our handcrafted tours are designed to make the most of your time, without the need to ever rush you, so that your experience will be fun, informative and enriching. Wherever you want to go and whatever you wish to experience, whether it is the gentle rolling hills of the lowlands or the dramatic highlands, tranquil islands with their miles of stunning coasts and glorious sandy beaches, history, food, drink, the great outdoors or vibrant city culture, Scotland has just what you are looking for.
Allow us to plan your perfect vacation using our intimate knowledge of this diverse country.
Browse through our selection of itineraries below and if you are unable to find what you're looking for, please contact us to find out about our tailor made planning service.
Nicolson Tours; the obvious choice for the discerning traveler.
Beautiful, Glorious Scotland, has spoilt me for every other country.
Travel Over the Forth Road bridge into the Kingdom of Fife and visit beautiful villages and palaces on route to St. Andrews, one of Europe's finest towns.
St. Andrews and Coastal East Neuk of Fife
Visit breathtaking and historic castles that played an important part in Scottish history before exploring North Berwick and enjoying a dram in a traditional Scottish pub.
Three Historic Scottish Castles and a Pub in a Day
Where does the tour start from?
All tours start from Edinburgh.
How long is the tour each day?
The average day will be about 8-9 hours of guiding. Your evenings are then free for you to relax or explore.
How many people can come on the tour?
Our vehicle is a luxury Land Rover Discovery 4x4 which can comfortably carry 6 passengers. The vehicle is solely yours for the duration of the tour and will not be shared with different groups.
What language is the tour in?
The tour is entirely in English.
What should I pack for the tour?
What payment methods do you accept?
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, or bank transfer. Payment with PayPal is accepted, but will incur a 4% payment fee. A 25% non-refundable deposit (of the total tour cost) confirms your booking. The remaining 75% balance is payable 28 days before the date of your tour departure. A tour booked within 28 days of departure will require payment in full.
Will I need insurance?
How do I book a tour?
If you would like to book a tour, please contact us and we will discuss and organize your dream vacation.
Will you guide us around castles and historical attractions?
I can guide you around most castles and historical attractions, but every site is different; some sites have their own tour guides who can give a much more detailed perspective and often disallow external tour operators from guiding visitors round their site.